Thursday, April 4, 2013

Quinn's Biography

Hi my name is Quinn,
When I was born, I was on the small side (6 lbs 2 oz).  I started having problems while my mom was in labor - I was feeling stressed out and my heart rate dropped several times so I was delivered via c-section. I had a bowel movement while I was in mommy so I came out green. I was also a little shaky but my blood tests were normal, so they just thought I was moving like that because I was startled.
I was so cute and everyone was crazy about me. I had my family wrapped around my finger. My mom and dad had so much fun getting to know me.

Shortly after birth with green hair.
My Aunt Haylee took lots of cute newborn pictures of me.
My parents love me so much.

 I did super well in the hospital. I had a hard time figuring out how to eat and I didn't gain as much weight in the 1st two weeks as I should have, but after a few weeks I figured it out and even though my parents were very tired I did fine until I was 6 weeks old
.


I started having a lot of gas and it hurt my belly after I ate. I had to poop all the time and I cried and cried; everyone thought I was colicky.We tried some medications (Ranitidine, Zantac) for reflux and it seemed to help a little bit. We tried lots of things - swings, gas medicine, lactase enzymes.  My mom tried eating different things and cutting things out of her diet to make me feel better.


 At my 2 month check I was still really small, but we thought I'd catch up. We thought I'd get better when I was 3 months old. 3 months came and went and I still cried a lot. I was only getting about 4-6 hours of sleep a day. Everyone thought I'd grow out of it eventually. I didn't feel like smiling much, and my parents worried about me a lot.

Coming home with Daddy

Princess Quinn


After I turned 3 months it started to get really hard for me to eat. It was hard for me to nurse or to drink a bottle. My mom had to drip breast milk into my mouth with a syringe. I got a new medicine for my tummy, and I was able to eat a little bit better for a week.

When I went into my well child check I was not growing like I was supposed to. My parents and doctor were concerned because I wasn't acting like a 4 month old. I have been getting behind and so I was sent to a hospital in Seattle so they could figure out how to help me.


1 comment:

  1. Ohhh little Quinny, be strong baby girl!! I *so* enjoyed holding her Wednesday and would give *anything* to come back and hold her much longer. Smoochy, smoochies to you Quinn!

    ReplyDelete